Thrive House is a residential service providing high quality care. The service is client centric, with the belief that every person has a right to safe, secure and caring environment in which to grow. Thrive House aim to be a point of difference in the community, raising the bar and setting the standard of service provided in this sector. We are driven by our values, vision and mission.
Value: Integrity. Honesty. Value driven life style. To make a positive change for a better future.
Vision: Community united – together we can achieve greatness.
Mission: To walk with the client through every journey.
We have multiple positions available across North Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay Area.
- Deception bay ,Caboolture, kippering, Caloundra, Landsborough, Burpengary, Rothwell, Sunrise Beach, Reeseville, Aroona, Nambour, Maleny, PalmWoods, Woombye, Bokarina and Salisbury.
We are currently seeking a number of energetic and dynamic people who are passionate about supporting our participants, young and old, to be active and inclusive in their communities.
You will assist participants achieving their goals through case work support, in home care, therapeutic interventions, care planning, conflict management, and daily activities. Your role is to assists participants to gain the skills and confidence necessary to manage their mental and physical health, and its effects within a framework of recovery.
Our participants present with a range of complex and dual diagnosis' varying from mental health, physical disabilities and trauma based behaviours.
If you have a background in supporting Children In Care, Adults with Disabilities, Children with Disabilities, Residential Care, Trauma Based Behaviours, or Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, we would love to hear from you!
- You will need to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations.
- Experience with personal care, medications administration, manual handling and behaviour support plans.
- Must be available and willing to work shift work including day, night, weekend and emergency/on call shifts.
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards and ability to obtain an LCS check.
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required.
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one.
- Have completed or Enrolled in a Minimum Cert IV in an industry standard Qualification.
- Google Peak Care to find out Minimum standard Qualifications.
- Immunisations for Hepatitis A & B (or willingness to obtain).
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to make a difference.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Proactive wellbeing program.
The successful candidates will be required to work over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts when required. Our clients are based from the Sunshine Coast region to Brisbane.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note previous applicants need not apply
If you are interested in this position please apply now! *Please note previous applicants need not apply.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?