WH&S and Maintenance Officer - Permanent Full Time
About the business
Thrive House is a Residential Service providing high quality care. The service is client centric, with the belief that every person has a right to safe, secure and caring environment in which to grow. THRIVE House began as a dream of our Directors, who strive to provide healthy and happy ‘forever homes'. Thrive House aim to be a point of difference in the community, raising the bar and setting the standard of service provided in his sector. We are driven by our Values, Vision and Mission.
Value: Integrity. Honesty. Value driven life style. To make a positive change for a better future
Vision: Community united – together we can achieve greatness
Mission: To walk with the client through every journey.
Thrive House works to support young people in out of home care as well as adults and young people who have a disability.
About the role
We are looking for a WH&S and Maintenance Officer to assist with various duties, which include general handyman and property maintenance across the Sunshine Coast and greater areas. This position will also be responsible for Workplace Health and Safety compliance across the organisation. You will be a member of a maintenance team led by an experienced Maintenance Manager and will provide services across our 22 properties.
Skills and experience
Experience in general maintenance / handyman tasks, including plastering, basic carpentry, painting, house maintenance and ability to source materials and co-ordinate job completion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of team in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and the capacity to deal confidently and courteously with people at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to think creatively and outside of the box.
- A minimum one years working in a similar environment.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in related field (desirable) and/or equivalent experience.
- Have high work standards.
- Hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s license.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for, a Blue Card issued by the Queensland Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.
- Hold, or be eligible to apply for an Application for Suitability Check by the Queensland Department of Child Safety.